Happiness is something that we all strive for, but it can be hard to find. Fortunately, there are some wise words from some of the world’s greatest thinkers that can help us on our journey to finding true happiness. Here are some of the best quotes about happiness that can help you discover the secrets to a happier life.
1. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
The Dalai Lama reminds us that happiness is something that we have to create for ourselves. It’s not something that can be given to us, but something that we have to work for. We have to take action and make the effort to create our own happiness.
2. “The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.” – Chuck Palahniuk
This quote from Chuck Palahniuk reminds us that true happiness can only be found when we are willing to open ourselves up to the world and take risks. We have to be willing to put ourselves out there and take chances in order to find true happiness.
3. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Gandhi reminds us that true happiness comes from living in harmony with our thoughts, words, and actions. When we are able to align our thoughts, words, and actions, we can find true happiness.
4. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
Jim Rohn reminds us that happiness is something that we have to design for ourselves in the present moment. We can’t wait for happiness to come to us in the future, we have to create it in the present.
5. “Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt reminds us that happiness is not something that we should strive for directly. Instead, it is something that comes as a result of living a life of purpose and meaning. When we focus on living a life of purpose and meaning, happiness will naturally follow.
These quotes about happiness can help us on our journey to finding true happiness. By taking the wise words of these great thinkers to heart, we can discover the secrets to a happier life.